I was born into modest circumstances and raised in hard-working Hammond, Ind., where I entered Indiana University at age 16, graduated at age 20 with a B.S. in Education, and went on to earn dual Master's Degrees in Public Administration and Judicial Administration.
Initially, I pursued a career in the legal system, working for half-a-decade in the courts before following my interest in investments into the financial world in 1979. In 1981 my success there took me to more prestigious positions in several of the world's premier “brand-name” financial firms.
Encouraged by my success there, but chafing at those firms' ever-present emphasis on “sales-before-service,” in 1989 I set out on my own to create a financial-services company that mirrored his my own philosophy: an emphasis not on the company’s own bottom-line, but based on the best interests of each individual’s unique needs and circumstances.
Today, I remain the same man who once worked and studied from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 a.m.—a hard-working schedule that many of my clients have shared in reaching their own success. I enjoy the rewards of a close-knit family who now all work with me in the business, a comfortable life and pursing my own passions: writing books and savoring fine automobiles.
Getting to Know David
- Favorite food: Steak
- Best piece of financial advice received: If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail
- Favorite quote: "The extra mile is never heavily traveled"
- If you could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: Jesus
- Favorite book: Everybody Wants Your Money
- Favorite movie: Trading Places
- Favorite TV show: Two and a Half Men
- What motivates you: My Family
- Favorite holiday: Thanksgiving
- Something on your bucket list: Live to be 100
- Place you’d most like to visit: The Pyramids
- Biggest accomplishment: My 2 Children